iDEALInstant guaranteed and efficient payments with low risk of returns
OverviewA consortium of all the major Dutch banks developed the iDEAL payment method in 2005 to make it easier for their customers to pay online for products and services. It is available to all online banking customers of the participating Dutch banks.
Participating Banks: ABN AMRO Bank, ASN Bank, Cooperative Centrale, Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank, Deutsche Bank Nederland, Friesland Bank, F. van Lanschot Bankiers, ING Bank, Regio Bank, SNS Bank, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Triodos Bank.
- Countries supported: The Netherlands
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- Chargebacks: Not allowed. Payments are final and irrevocable.
- Payment Option Type: Bank Transfer
- Funds Transfer Process: After a purchase, funds are directly debited from the consumer's bank account.
- Real-Time Confirmation. Consumers receive real-time confirmation of payments followed by and irreversible transfer into the retailer's account.
- Convenient. Suitable for immediate online payment and for retrospective payments, using an e-mail link.
- Provides an additional real-time online payment acceptance method to convenience consumers with no risk and low risk of returns for the merchant.
- Increases sales by offering a local trusted payment solution that is offered by all major banks in the Netherlands.
- Once a payment has been initiated, it cannot be reversed by the bank.
- Clients of the bank are automatically enrolled and do not need to register. They simply select iDEAL as their payment method and approve the payment.
- Ideal alternative payment solution with declined card transactions.
- Local support in native languages to consumers is included.
- Provides a trusted and familiar local payment method that is supported by the consumer’s own bank.
- Convenient, reliable, and simple transaction process.
- Offers access to more products and services.
- No credit or debit card needed.
- Local support in native language.
- Local currency settlement.