Using Google Analytics with CCBill
What is Google™ Analytics?Google™ Analytics is a free service provided by Google™. Google™ Analytics allows you to collect some very granular data about the visitors to your site. Data is provided in a way that allows you to focus marketing campaigns and initiatives to deliver a higher ROI.
Services provided by Google™ Analytics include:
- Keyword Analysis - Helping you make the most of AdWords™ (Google’s Pay-Per-Click advertising product) used to reach your site, revenue received from AdWords, cost-per-click, revenue-per-click, and other data that will help you to refine your AdWords and drive sales.
- Geo Targeting - Shows you, visually, where your customers live and how important different regions are, allowing you to focus marketing campaigns on specific regions.
- Click-Path Visualization - Allows you to determine which links on your site are used most frequently, which links lead to sales, and other data about your site to help you optimize usability and promote better ROI.
- Funnel Optimization - View specific data about your customer’s shopping-cart habits and where they go when they abandon your cart, helping you determine conversion obstacles so that you can correct the problems that cause customers to leave.
- E-Commerce Tracking - Tie sales to emails, search engines, ads, and referrals to determine campaign effectiveness and item-level popularity analyses.
- Monitor Key Performance - Get a high-level, strategic view of critical metrics like conversion summary and marketing summary.
Adding Google™ Analytics support to your CCBill forms is fast and easy, allowing you to begin tracking this data in minutes.
Sign up for a free Google™ Analytics account at www.google.com/analytics. During the sign-up process, Google™ Analytics will provide you with a code that looks like this:
- Copy the Tracking Code, in the example above it's UA-1582409-1.
- Sign in to the Admin Portal.
- On the Account Info Mega Menu, choose Main Account>Account Admin to set the same Google™ Analytics account for ALL sub-accounts, or choose select a subaccount and navigate to Manage the Subaccounts>Subaccount Admin and then choose Advanced to enter analytics code for individual subaccounts
- Enter the Tracking Code in the Google Analytics Field at the bottom of the page.
- Click Update.
- Again on the Account Info Mega Menu, choose Main Account>Account Admin, then click Reset All Forms.
- Click Reset to confirm the reset.
Setting up Google™ Analytics on the sub-account level will only affect the change on that individual sub-account. To add the same Google™ Analytics code for ALL sub-accounts, make the change on the Main Account instead of the sub-account (on the Account Info Mega Menu Main Account>Account Admin).
Be aware that if you have analytics set up for a subaccount and then apply analytics at the main account level the subaccount setting will NOT be overwritten. You will have to add the new analytics code to that subaccount manually (on the Account Info Mega Menu Manage the Subaccounts>Subaccount Admin>Advanced).
Google™ Analytics Setup
1. Log in to the Google™ Analytics interface.
2. Click the Admin tab at the top of the page.
3. In the View column, click Ecommerce Settings.
4. Click the button to select the Yes.
5. Click Next Step.
6. Click Submit.
That’s it! Your Google™ Analytics account will now receive data from your forms. Please remember that this does not add support to your entire website, only your CCBill forms. Adding support to the rest of your site is easy, and can be done by following the instructions listed on the Google™ Analytics site.
For detailed instructions on completing this, please see the Help link on the Google™ Analytics site.
Track FlexForms with Google™ AnalyticsTo integrate FlexForms with Google™ Analytics:
- Copy the Tracking Code.
- Sign in to the Admin Portal.
- Click on FlexForms Systems, which should be on the left side of the mega menu bar.
- Click on the Forms Library link in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Select a form from your library.
- Click on the All Settings tab to open a list of all settings.
- Click on Google Analytics Code.
- Enter your Google Analytics Tracking CodeIt should be in this format 'UA-XXXXXX-X'. Example: UA-123456-1.
in the field.
- Click Save Property to commit the modifications.