How do I set up a user to process test transactions?
The CCBill processing system checks four (4) things when attempting to process a test transaction:
- Credit card or account number being used
- The email address inputted on the form
- The IP address of the person accessing the form
- CVV (When testing FlexForms in Sandbox mode, use CVV > 300 for approvals)
How to Setup a Test Transaction User
- Log in to the CCBill Admin.
- Browse to Account Info > Transaction Test Settings.
- Click Create New User on the left side of the page.
- Type the email address and a Low and High IP address. The high and low IP address can be the same address OR a range if you have a server range a script is testing from.
- Click Update to create the user.
IP RangeIf you need to trace the location or source of any particular IP address, you may find the following link useful - https://www.whatismyip.com/
Note: To view any of your created users, enter the email address associated to your test transaction user in the View/Modify Users field and click Lookup. To view all users, leave the email field blank.
Running a Test TransactionOnce you have setup your Test Transactions User, you can now go to the sign up page you intend on testing and run a test transaction.
Option 1: Testing a JPOST form
- Select Account Info > Sub Account Admin.
- Click the Form Admin link on the left.
- Select a form.
- Once you reach the form, you simply need to be coming from the IP address you registered for the test transaction user and then use the correct email address and an appropriate test credit card/account number for the response you are trying to generate.
- Select FlexForms Systems > FlexForms Payment Links.
- Make sure you are in Sandbox Mode (indicated by the toggle switch in the upper-left corner of the screen).
- Select a FlexForm by clicking on its Web Widget.
- As with JPOST forms, you need to be coming from the IP address you registered for the test transaction user and use the below provided test credit card numbers.
Test Credit Card NumbersSee below for a list of test account numbers and credit cards and their appropriate responses:
|Card Type||Card Numbers||Results|
CVVWhen testing FlexForms in Sandbox mode, use CVV > 300 for approvals. All values below 300 will result in a denial.
US Test Checking Accounts
|Account Number||Routing Number||Results|