GiropayCreated by Germany's leading financial institutions
OverviewGiropay represents Germany's leading online payment method for bank clients in which funds are instantly transferred from the consumer's bank account to you. Germany, with its 82 million people strong market size, represents a premium market for your product. With Giropay, merchants are guaranteed their funds and they will greatly benefit from not having to deal with chargebacks or reserves. In addition, Giropay is an excellent alternative payment method that can be offered to those consumers that do not have or desire to use a credit card online.
Note: Select Settings > Subtitles (CC) and choose a language to auto-translate to.
- Countries supported: Germany
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- Chargebacks: Not allowed. Payments are final and irrevocable.
- Payment Option Type: Bank Transfer
- Funds Transfer Process: After a purchase, funds are directly debited from the consumer's bank account.
- No Risk: Merchants have absolutely no risk. Each transaction must be pre-authorized by the consumer, so there is literally no risk attached to Giropay transactions.
- The Market: The German market encompasses over 82 million people, with at least half of the population owning a credit card. Germans and Austrians use Giropay for online transaction because it is convenient and easy to use.
- Provides an additional real-time online payment acceptance method to convenience consumers with no risk of chargeback for the merchant.
- Increases sales by offering a local trusted payment solution that is offered by the German and Austrian banks.
- Provides merchants with access to a market segment with limited credit card usage.
- Excellent alternative payment solution for declined card transactions and blocked customers.
- Consumer support in local languages is included.
- Clients of the bank are automatically enrolled and do not need to register. They simply select Giropay as their payment method and approve the payment.
- Provides a trusted and familiar local payment method that is supported by the consumer’s own bank.
- No credit or debit card needed.
- Offers access to more products and services.
- Convenient, reliable, and simple transaction process.
- Local support in native language.
- Local currency settlement.