EuroDebit Powered by SEPA
The solution to process European debit transactions using SEPA
The EuroDebit®/SEPA payment system is the most widely used form of online payment in Europe for both one-time and recurring payments. The Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) initiative created a zone for the euro in which all electronic payments are considered domestic, and where there is no difference between national and intra-European cross border payments.
- Countries supported: Åland Islands, Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Réunion, Romania Saint Barthélemy, Saint Martin (French part), Saint Pierre and Miquelon, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
- Currency: Euro (EUR)
- Payment Option Type: Direct Debit.
- Funds Transfer Process: After a purchase, funds are directly debited from the consumer's bank account in real-time.
- The Market: The SEPA market is 530 million people strong, with more than half of them being frequent online shoppers. On average, each online consumer spends around 1200 EUR every year.
- Provides an additional familiar real time online payment acceptance method to convenience consumers.
- Increases sales by offering a local trusted payment solution.
- Provides merchants with access to a market segment that does not have or use credit and debit cards.
- Europe’s most widely accepted form of online payment.
- Ideal alternative payment solution for declined card transactions.
- Supports fraud scrubbing, address verification, age verification, recurring billing and membership management.
- Transactions are posted in local currencies and languages.
- Provides a trusted payment method consumers are familiar with.
- Convenience of having a local payment method.
- Gives access to more products and services.
- No credit or debit card needed.
- Local support in native language.
- Local currency settlement.