This documentation will guide you in configuring Epoch in your CCBill cascade. You will need to configure items in both systems in order for this feature to work. If your site is already LIVE when you make these changes, it is still VERY important that you work with an Epoch tech support representative to ensure that you have made all the required changes on your Epoch account and so they can test integration to make sure all is configured correctly. Please note that test transactions will NOT show up in the CCBill Admin Portal so to make sure all is working, a real transaction will need to be run.
ConfigurationsTo get started, you should have both the CCBill Admin Portal and the Epoch admin open at the same time. This will make it easier to get the required data from both systems.
CCBillOnce you are in the CCBill Admin Portal, you will need to go to the Account Info Mega Menu and select the Account Admin link. After you get to Account Information, load your subaccount and click on Traffic Manager.
To create a configuration:
- Click the Configurations tab.
- Click Create New Configuration at the lower-right of the screen.
- Enter a Name for the configuration, a Description of the configuration, and ensure the status is set to Active.
- For Processor, select Paycom (the name Epoch does not yet appear in the Admin Portal, but will in the future; Paycom is the appropriate choice for this action at this time) from the drop down list.
- Ensure Credit is selected in the drop-down menu for Payment Type.
- Obtain the co code and the pi code from Epoch (instructions in the Epoch section below) and enter them in the appropriate fields.
- Enter Pass-Thru information sets in the Additional Parameters field, if desired (click Add for additional data-set fields).
- Click Save.
EpochYou can obtain the required pi_code information from the Epoch admin:
- Go to the Epoch Reports > Tools > Product Code Manager.
- Click View Pricing Options beside the site which you would like to setup the CCBill configuration; the pi_codes are listed in the first column.
You can now enter this value in the pi_code field on the configuration screen in your CCBill Admin Portal.
Traffic FlowsTraffic Flows allow you to send consumers to another payment option or processor after the first transaction has been denied. This feature allows you to configure your billing cascade for your different payment options so that you can setup which processor is your primary option, which processor is then your secondary option, and so on. You can send consumers to one of the other biller’s join options if a sale is declined. For example, if the use of a credit card was denied via CCBill, you can offer the consumer the ability to join through Epoch.
The Traffic Flows tab allows you to perform the following functions:
- View the Traffic Flow List
- Create a New Traffic Flow
- Copy an Existing Traffic Flow
- Edit an Existing Traffic Flow
- Copy Code for a Traffic Flow
View the Traffic Flow ListThe Traffic Flow List is displayed when you click the Traffic Flows tab in the Traffic Manager. All of your existing active and inactive traffic flows are listed. You can sort the traffic flows in either ascending or descending order by clicking the arrow next to the column headings.
Copy an Existing Traffic FlowIf you need to make a new traffic flow but want to base it on an existing traffic flow, you can use the Copy functionality.
- Click the Copy button on the right side of the row for the traffic flow that you wish to duplicate.
- Enter new information for the Name, Description, Post Proxy URL, and Filter (an alternate flow for affiliate-referred transactions) fields.
- Make any changes to the traffic flow by adding, moving, or removing configurations to/from the Selected Configurations list.
- Click Save to create the new configuration.
Edit an Existing Traffic FlowIf you need to make changes to a traffic flow:
- Click the Edit button at the right of the row for the traffic flow you wish to edit.
- Make the changes you require.
- Click Save to save your changes, or Reset if you change your mind.
Create a New Traffic FlowTo create a new Traffic Flow:
- From the Traffic Flows tab in the Traffic Manager, click Create New Traffic Flow at the bottom right.
- Enter a unique name for your traffic flow in the Name field.
- Enter a unique description for the traffic flow in the Description field.
- Enter the Post Proxy URL (if you wish to receive post-back information from the flow, enter the post proxy URL here).
- Choose the Filter from the drop-down menu.
- Verify Active is selected as the status.
- Drag your configurations from the Available Configurations List to the Selected Configurations List.
- Drag the configurations within the Selected Configurations list to determine in which order they should process.
- Click Save when your Traffic Flow is complete.
Copy Code for a Traffic FlowTo successfully use any traffic flow, you must link to it. Paste the code for the traffic flow that you wish to use on your site so that consumers can use it to pay for your content. There are several different ways to retrieve the code for a traffic flow:
- From the Traffic Flow list, click the Code button next to the traffic flow you wish to place. The code provided can be copied and pasted like normal or you can use the Copy Code button on screen. Close the pop-up when you are finished.
- In the Edit and Create functions there is a Generate Code button that will allow you to create and copy the code for placement on your site.
DataPlus Configuration & Receipt PageTo finalize your cascade, you will need to make sure you complete this last section. You MUST update your postback configurations with Epoch. Without doing this, the transactional data is not passed to the system. Please have Epoch Tech Support update this for you.
Contact Epoch Support to configure your DataPlus information to the following:
- Hostname: epoch.ccbill.com
- Port: 3306
- Database: epoch
- Password: ZEnumeyAw6uT+p7f
The following fields are contained in the post:
- username - Customer's username.
- password - Customer's password.
- email - Customer's email address.
- name - Customer's name.
- address - Customer's street address.
- city - Customer's city.
- state - Customer's state.
- zip - Customer's ZIP.
- country - Customer's country.
- order_id - Customer's Epoch assigned order id (member id).
- transaction_id - ID assigned per transaction.
- currency - Default currency of the product.
- ipaddress - Customer's ip address.
- amount - Amount of the sale by default currency.
- localamount - Amount of the sale by buyer's local currency.
- reseller - Reseller code of the affiliate.
- site - Optional reseller code that you pass to Epoch .
- pi_code - Product code for the product purchased .
- session_id - ID of the session recorded at the point of sale.
x_petsname= x_shoesize= x_haircolor=
These will return in the post as they are passed in.
SupportIf you need help with any configuration, either on the CCBill side or the Epoch side, please don’t hesitate to contact us, we’re always here to help.
CCBill Merchant Support
Epoch Merchant Support
- Website: https://epoch.com/en/merchant_support.html
- Phone: 310.664.5700
- Toll Free: 1.888.627.3888
- Email: email@example.com
- Skype: epoch.com