ACH Electronic ChecksEfficient and cost-reducing alternative to paper checks and credit cards
OverviewACH Online Checks are completed via the Automated Clearing House network, a secure system for clearing electronic payments between banks. This system is managed by NACHA (formerly the Automated Clearing House network) and for all intentions and purposes it is very much similar to processing traditional paper checks, except that it's much faster. Instead of a customer manually filling out a paper check and sending it via mail, all of this happens electronically, saving precious time and paper. Furthermore, it is more convenient and secure than waiting for a check to come in the mail.
Customers initiate a transaction by filling out a CCBill payment form and selecting ACH as their payment option. They authorize their bank to debit the amount, and money is electronically withdrawn from the customers' checking account.
- Countries supported: USA
- Currency: Dollars
- Funds Transfer Process: After a purchase, funds are directly debited from the consumer's bank account.
- Funds Transfer Process: Consumers enter the information they would usually write on a paper check (routing and account number, name, amount, and authorization). Authorized funds are withdrawn from consumers' accounts, processed by NACHA and transferred to your Merchant Account.
- Cheaper to process.
- Increases sales by providing another payment option to your North American customers.
- Ideal alternative in case of credit card declines.
- Since the payment needs to be authorized by the consumer, the risk of running into transaction disputes is very low.
- Being almost the same as filling out paper checks, ACH is a safe and familiar payment method.
- A perfect alternative when facing a credit card decline.
- Offers access to more products and services.
- Since the account holder needs to authorize the payment, ACH Online Checks provide one of the most secure online payment experiences.
- Perfect for recurring payments.